Personal information collected from users
Specific personal information, such as your name, phone number or email address, is not automatically gathered. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it to us by email.
Note: Unless specifically noted otherwise, neither electronic systems nor e-mail are secure information transmission methods. Therefore, it is not recommended that you send sensitive personal information electronically.
Standard Internet information automatically collected from all users
Software programs are used to monitor network traffic and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. When you visit the Web site, these software programs automatically receive and temporarily store information supplied by your browser (for example, Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox) in our Web server logs. Some of the information automatically collected by our server when you browse our Web site includes:
- the network location and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you used to contact our Web site;
- the name of the domain you used to access the Internet (.com, .org, .net, .ca, etc.);
- the type of browser you used;
- the type of operating system you used (Windows, Mac OS, etc.);
- the date and time you accessed the site;
- the pages you have accessed and the documents you have downloaded; and
- the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site, if applicable.
In most circumstances, this is anonymous statistical data and we make no attempt to link this data, nor the IP addresses of the computers that have contacted our Web site, with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected. The programs are never used to gather specific personal information such as your name, your phone number or your e-mail address.
Cookies are used to track how our visitors use this site, to determine sites previously visited or to facilitate the use of secure portions of this site. A cookie is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to monitor your use of the site. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are compiled into statistical information on traffic patterns and are used to assess and improve the efficiency of the site.
We use two types of cookies:
- Session cookies – These are used as an integral part of the identification process for some of our online applications. This is for security purposes to determine that you are who you say you are and to provide you with your confidential account information during an online session. No personal information is kept in session cookies and they are stored only in your browser´s temporary (cache) memory. When you log out of your session, the cookie is no longer valid and is discarded when you close your browser; and
- Persistent cookies – These are more permanent and can be re-read when you return to the site that placed them on your computer. The information in them is written onto your hard drive and remains there until the expiry date of the cookie. They are used to identify and provide personalized features (for example, to help us remember which official language you prefer) and for tracking traffic patterns to and from our site. For more information on the tracking we use, refer to the Google Analytics section below.
Google Analytics, a Web analytics service provided by Google Inc., helps to measure traffic patterns to, from, and within our public Web sites. This analytics measurement tool uses “session” and “persistent” cookies to collect standard Internet log information and to track visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer and expire two years after your last visit to our Web sites. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the Web site (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. No personal, identifying information is recorded or provided to Google. This anonymous information is then used to evaluate visitors´ use of the Web site and to compile statistical reports on RCA Site activity. The aggregate data and statistical reports are used only to help us make our site more useful to visitors and are made available only to Web managers and other designated staff who require this information to perform their duties.
We DO NOT include this Google Analytics measurement tool on any secure sites.
Official Languages Notice
We respect the Official Languages Act and the relevant Government of Canada policies, and are committed to ensuring that all information on this site are available in both English and French (or in one language only if a unilingual office). However, users should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Links to Web sites not under the control of the RCA are provided solely for the convenience of users. The RCA is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The RCA does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their contents.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-GC sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to the GC links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
Copyright / Permission to Reproduce
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this Web site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the RCA and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the RCA.
Reproduction of Government Symbols
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the "Canada" wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat may be addressed to:
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 0R5
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on the RCA Web site may be subject to copyrights held by other organizations. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact: email@example.com
This website is owned and operated by the Royal Canadian Artillery Association, a private, third-party to the Department of National Defence. The content and links appearing on this website are the responsibility of the Royal Canadian Artillery Association and do not reflect the views or policies of the Government of Canada. Open-source information regarding the serving components of The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery is provided courtesy of the Canadian Armed Forces. The official insignia of the Regiment are used with the permission of Regimental Headquarters RCA.