UBIQUE 150 “Good Shooting” Video Contest
In conjunction with the commemoration of 150th Anniversary of A & B Batteries, The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery is pleased to announce a video production contest.
Prizes will be awarded to 3 winners: 1st place winner receives $2,000; 2nd place winning entry receives $1000; 3rd place prize is $500.
|Submissions accepted between||1 January – 30 April 2021|
|Judging starts||1 May 2021|
|Winners announced||26 May 2021|
Submissions are open to teams consisting of current and/or retired members of The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery. Each team can submit more than one entry but only one prize will be awarded to any unit.
*No paid or volunteer assistance from outside the Regimental family is permitted.
Record an original video inspired by one of the following topics:
- Why you should join the Artillery?
- The best part of the Artillery is…
- Why Artillery is an important part of the CAF?
Your video must:
- Cover one (or more) of the topics given above
- Be in English or French (additional consideration will be given to videos that contain bilingual content)
- Have a creative, catchy title that reflects the theme with a good thumbnail
- Last approximately 2:00-2:30 minutes
- Be submitted in one of the following formats: .MP4, .MOV
- Be submitted by the deadline
- Videos must be free of copyright infringement:
- Use of stock footage must be from authorized public domain
- Music and/or soundtracks must be royalty free.
- Upload your video to your YouTube channel. Set the video access to “Unlisted”. No video should be set to public access before the Contest. Upload as an unlisted video
- Send us an email at email@example.com with:
- The direct link to your uploaded video (the share option must be set to “Give access to anyone with the link”)
- Make sure you add the following disclaimer in your email submission: ***Disclaimer: By submitting your entry, you confirm that you understand the Contest rules and criteria and agree to accept the decision of the judges. You agree to allow us to edit, upload for public access, share, and use your video in other ways at our discretion.
**Videos in whole or in part become the property of The Royal Canadian Artillery Association.
Before your video is published on RCA and RCA Association social networks, our panel of judges will evaluate your submission based on the following criteria:
- Content is useful in promoting the Artillery
- Content strives to acknowledge/promote:
- Regimental training and operations
- Diversity (both gender & ethnic);
- Roles the Artillery plays in Canadian and global security;
- The Regimental Family
- Production quality (professionalism is evident, production is appropriate for the intended audience)
- Content inspires
- Content engages the viewer and provides a call to action
- Creativity (content, use of available resources within the constraints of Covid-19 regulations)
- Teamwork is a key message woven throughout the production.
Winners will be announced on this page as well as on the RCA Association Social Media network and the Canadian Gunner News.
Prizes will be awarded to 3 winners: 1st place winner receives a $2,000; 2nd place winning entry receives $1000; 3rd place prize is $500.
***Disclaimer: By submitting your entry, you confirm that you understand the Contest rules and criteria and agree to accept the decision of the judges. You agree to allow us to edit, upload for public access, share, and use your video in other ways at our discretion.